Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend - Bonus Post

Happy Easter Weekend! Today's post will be a "weekend" post as I am taking Sunday off for Easter. We'll take a look at two "Easter" gate flyer's and a special holiday bonus of TWO complete guide books.

From 1974 its "Easter Week at Disneyland" Covering April 7th thru April 14th 1974.



Doc Seversinsen! Was he on the tonite show in 1974? Duke Ellington! I see a "Roaring Twenties Revue" at the Golden Horseshoe. 12 months later Knott's came up with the "Roaring 20's" themed area, coincidence?




"Watch for American Sings - Coming soon to Tomorrowland". I never gave it much thought (because I liked the attraction so much) but it really seems an odd fit in "Tomorrowland", this would have been perfect for "Liberty Square" had they ever built it....





Below please find the Complete Spring 1974 Disneyland Guide. Take one only please.


Complete Disneyland Guide Spring 1974 (12mb)







From 1982 it's a "Disneyland Easter Party" April 3rd thru April 11th, 1982. Peach & Herb on the front, boy were they hot in the early 80's. "Reunited and it feels so good" and who can forget "Shake your groove thing"?





Check out all the entrainment! Two full pages.





Ok, promise not to tell anyone, but I have never seen "Bambi". Start with the fact that there was no "home video" when I was a kid and the few times it made it to the theater I must have made better choice's like Death Race 2000! I have Bambi on VHS but I just haven't got around to watching it yet. I hear it has a sad ending?




And from the early part of 1982, here is the complete Guide book. Note; Page 4 of this guide has the very last reference to "ticket books" and "ticket booths" within the park. The 2nd edition of the 1982 guide has no reference to ticket books or booths...


Complete Disneyland Guide Book 1982 [1st Edition] (18mb)




Have a great Holiday weekend everyone!

Next Week: Monday is Special Event Day featuring the "Olympic Disney Night", then Tuesday is Part 1 of the Knott's "B" Ticket series, don't miss out.

4 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Awesome post Tim. Appreciate it all. Richard.

Jason Schultz said...

Wow, two complete guidebooks! I wonder when the Easter Parades stopped being old-fashioned... I guess when they stopped happening at all!

Major Pepperidge said...

Nice stuff as always. It's interesting about Disneyland having a 'Roaring 20's" thing before Knott's, but I seem to recall that there was an increase of interest in the 20's around that time. Kind of like the 50's craze and the 70's craze.

mr wiggins said...

Another great post VDT. I really appreciate being able to download your excellent scans of the guide books! Many thanks for sharing your collection.