Friday, March 28, 2008

Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye
This post was going to be on March 3rd, but I totally forgot about it. March 3, 1995 was Disneyland's grand opening of "Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye" Was this the last big all NEW "E" ticket attraction opened at Disneyland? The Rocket-Rods don't count.

With "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" coming out this May 22nd, I am surprised Disney isn't doing a massive tie-in and update to the attraction. Maybe they are waiting to see if the movie does well, the trailer sure looks great!

Today we have one of those "Commemorative" tickets that Disney got suckers to buy knowing that 1/2 of them would never be used. HEY WAIT!, I'm one of the suckers! Maybe I should show Disney a thing or two and use it on my next visit! Like that's gonna happen....

This ticket is HUGE, just like the ToonTown Commemorative ticket (link). The stub is only a inch and a half. Are you supposed to carry the rest of this foot long "eternal treasure" around all day? Oh, I know, rent a locker for it! The art work is pretty cool and that Snake slithering around the ticket is effectively scary... "Snakes, why'd it have to be Snakes?"



The back has some fun sayings... And some strange unrecognizable symbols? How will you ever figure out what it says?




Try this to decode the message above....




Neat patent diagram (link to actual patent) for the ride vehicles. This almost has a 1890's look?




I always knew the "Chamber of Destiny" was really only one door with one corridor behind it. I was just never quite sure how it was done. Click on this moving .gif file it show hows it works, clever.






Thanks for visiting my blog today, "You have chosen Wisely"

3 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

I think you should have written the entire post in the Mara font! (http://www.bertino.com/disney/disney_fonts_pgm_icons.shtml)

Major Pepperidge said...

I always submit resumes written in the Mara font.

Am I nuts, or did the early publicity for the Indy attraction make it sound as if there were multiple experiences depending on "which door you went through"? I always got the impression that you would see SIGNIFICANT differences. Now, it's a great ride, but I was pretty disappointed to find out that there was no real difference (except for some real minor stuff). If they hadn't built it up, there would have been no disappointment! I still cry myself to sleep, ha ha

mydisneycollection said...

Oh defintely - Disney really played-up the multiple experiences aspect when Indy first opened.