Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Monsanto's Easy Jingle Contest - 1956

Boys! Girls! Moms! Dads! Win a free trip to Disneyland with Monsanto's Easy Jingle Contest! This contest closes at midnight on January 14, 1956 so you better complete and mail this Official Entry Blank quick!

The First Prize trip to Disneyland was worth $2,000! Second prize was pretty good too, a 17" Philco Television Set.





Monsanto wants you to finish the Jingle, do a good job and you just might win. I've been trying for hours - but I am not very creative. Why don't you give it a try? I promise I wont steal your jingle and send it in as my own.





Back in November I posted a link to a great film that you can download (prior post link). This is a family in 1956 that won a similar contest to the Monsanto one above. Their contest was with Scotch Tape. This is a great film of vintage Disneyland, well worth the lengthy download (it's 2 GIG's). Here is the link to the film:

1956 Disneyland Family Vacation

I wonder how many entries Monsanto received on this contest? I would guess 100's of thousands. What do you want to bet they used that massive list of names and address's for some "marketing"?

See you on the next post!

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Ha ha, it's too early in the morning for my brain to be working on rhymes!! But those first three lines are pretty clumsy, ya gotta admit...

The Viewliner Limited said...

Very Cool !!! Check your email. Main St station is done.

Ryan P. Wilson said...

Here's an ending that's just as clunky as the rest of the jingle, "With just a dash of fun and fancy free."

Major Pepperidge said...

Let's see the Main Street Station photo now!