Thursday, March 27, 2008

Walt Disney World - October 1971 Ticket Book **UPDATE**

Looking back to February's post on the first Walt Disney World 1971 ticket book. (Link). That post was missing a 1971 "E" Ticket, I had shamelessly substituted a 1972 "E" ticket because I didn't have a 1971 version. Now we got one! It came in a group of WDW things I won on EBay, I didn't even think there would be a 1971 Booklet in the bunch and with an "E" ticket!.

Here from October 1971 is the first Walt Disney World "E" Ticket. There are actually a number of changes in just one year so the 1972 ticket used in the prior post was way off;


  • The "Hall of Presidents" and the "Country Bear Jamboree" will move UP to the "E" in 1972, they start off in 1971 on the "D" (see 1971 "D" below).

  • The "Mickey Mouse Revue" will move down to the "D" ticket in 1972.

  • This one was news to me, In 1972 the "Tropical Serenade" will become the "Enchanted Tiki Birds" and move down to the "D" ticket.





The rest of the October 1971 Tickets, ah, a mass of Globe Paper.....





From April 1972, Adventureland has the "Tropical Serenade".




September 1972 shows the name change to the "Enchanted Tiki Birds". All that stuff above about the transportation ticket is missing from this book because this is a "in park" ticket book only, no admission or transportation tickets included.





This is from a HUGE wall map I have of Walt Disney World. I think it's the first one, it's not dated, but I have studied it well and it's very early WDW. Here is the Adventureland listing section. Apparently the (Tropical Serenade) is in the Sunshine Pavilion.




Here is the section of the map showing the "Tropical Serenade" (#25) right in the middle. This map is done in fun style, I like it.



I was going to try and "paste" this BIG wall map together from multiple scans, any suggestions on what software to use. I am using Corel Draw 9 now (don't laugh, it was free...).

7 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I am more of a Disneyland ticket book person, but I would like to have a WDW book from when it opened! But those must be super rare, have you ever seen an entire, unused book?

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I am more a DL ticket guy too, but these WDW tickets are interesting in a Twilight-Zone kinda way.

I have NEVER even seen a complete WDW book from 1971. I've never even seen the Admission ticket that goes with it!

I have plenty of 1975 and newer WDW complete books, but a complete 1971 book is elusive....

Disneyana World said...

I recently got that wall map.

If you can figure out how to scan, let me in on the secret.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1971 really large wall map of Disnay World in good shape, creased (its been folded for years), but the colors are vivid. It is like the one on the site here. Does anyone have any interest in buying it? I've never put it up and doubt I will. Maybe someone else will get some enjoyment out of it. Thanks - my email address is tersa04@nc.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I HAVE 3 UNUSED MINT CONDITION WDW VINTAGE TICKETS FROM 1971 WITH THE TRANSPORTATION TICKET. ANYONE WITH ANY INFO ON THEM OR INTERESTED IN THEM PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 740-353-6329 ASK FOR VICKIE

Anonymous said...

I also have several unused mint condition WDW tickets.
Anyone interested please contact destinblue@gmail.com

Abe Lucas said...

Exactly when did WDW discontinue the ticket books? My first trip to WDW was in Jan, 1980 and the books were still in use. I've seen the dat June, 1982 mentioned as the end of the ticket books, but then I see no mention of books in the WDW 1981 guide map. Help!