Friday, June 20, 2008

Grad Nite - 1967

Welcome to Grad Nite ’67! Here is a “Complimentary / Admit One Sponsor” ticket for June 16, 1967. That had to be a little odd to be at Grad Nite and not be a Grad or a Chaperon.





Speaking of Chaperon’s, here is an “Official Chaperon” sticker. I would make a terrible Chaperon, by 2am I would just be looking for a place to lay down & sleep…. "Wake me up when its over".






Here is the great program from Grad Nite ’67. The two ladies on the left look like the just escaped from Sergio Mendez & Brazil ’66. Everyone else looks so happy and inviting that I’m going to go ahead and use that Sponsor ticket!







This program was printed with a different section on this page for each of the days, I have two versions; June 14th and June 16th, 1967.







This part talks about “new advances in science and technology” makes you think there might be some New Tomorrowland stuff coming up in this program, not so.






Great entertainment lineup; Dobie Gray (A few years before “Drift Away”), “The Aggregation” now that’s a cool name, “Aunt Dina’s Quilting Party” at the Mine Train and MORE!!!!






I scanned it with Bill Elliott twice; I have no idea why…. The “Regents”, “Disneyland Humdinger”, the “Individuals” and still MORE!!! They really racked up the entertainment, especially when you consider there are no acts in Tomorrowland *which was christened the “New” Tomorrowland on July 2, 1967. (*From Davelandweb).






For Grad Nites in 1964 & 1965 new Mustangs were given away, 1966 saw GTO’s being given away, now for 1967 it’s the “Car of the Year” the Mercury Cougar. KFWB is still around; its News 980 now (it was News 98 until a few years ago). Do they still broadcast “Grad Nites” from Disneyland on any station?






I think the white space on the right side might be for autographs? Or they just didn’t have the right sized picture.






Is really is, isn’t it?





WOW, that was a fast and fun Grad Nite Week!. Of course, I do have more, but we’ll take a little break from it this weekend, be sure to come back on Bonus Sunday for the Complete Tencennial Guide. Grads don't fear; Next week we’ll visit Grad Nite in the 80’s a couple of times.

10 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Hey that chaperone name tag is from my High School!

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, what a great bunch of Grad Night stuff! Sounds like you are going for a complete collection. Arg, now I know about more stuff that's missing from my own collection!! Thanks a lot! ;-)

The Viewliner Limited said...

Tim, This whole Grad Nite thing you've been doing, is way cool man. What a groove baby. (I got to stop talking this way!) Thanks for a bunch of great posts. Truly enjoying them.

outsidetheberm said...

Wow! Really wish we had one of those chaperon stickers. Thanks!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Matterhorn; where is Helix High School, I’ve never heard of it? I didn’t know you are a Socal native!

Major; I’m trying for the whole collection, but I am sorely lacking the 1970’s. Start your collection with the 1970’s so you can share with me :->~

Viewliner; I’m, glad you enjoying the post, way to go daddy-o!

Outside; cool sticker huh? I wish I saved the “sticker-passes” I got from 1969 thru 1975 for my dads union night at Disneyland “PHCC” (plumbing, heating cooling contractors). Man those things used to leave a big sticky mess on my wind breakers!

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Grad Nite 67... Preferably with that girl in the blue dress at the far left of the booklet cover!

I love these Grad Nite items. How about that inspirational Disneyland message? Pretty heavy stuff!

Katella Gate said...

I'm a little disappointed that that the Cattanooga Cats weren't playing at any of the Disneyland venues for Grad Night... Probably because of their exclusive contract with Joe & Bill at Hanna-Barbera.

walterworld said...

Well, I'm back from a half hour or so of watching Brazil '66 on YouTube...Thanks for the link! Never thought of looking for those.

Great post of course---So much to absorb. I'm heading to Disneyland tomorrow so this really sends me off in style.

Thanks & Take Care!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hi WalterWorld!

I’m glad you checked out the other Brazil ’66 video on youtube, mesmerizing aren’t they? Check out some great Herb Alpert and the TJB, this is one of my favorite YouTube Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y38RB6BL9iI

Unknown said...

BTW, in answer to an earlier question... the Grand prize at Disneyland- All Night Party 1966, was the GTO-Pontiac..
I know this for sure...I was the lucky winner, Howard Gold
(Van Nuys High School)
I sure wish I had kept it......