Thursday, April 30, 2009

Website Progress - Slow but sure...

A quick post today, I've been playing web designer all night, it's going slow, but progress is being made.

For some reason I started with the Disneyland Guides that were handed out at the main gate. You'd think I would start with "tickets"? Oh well, I knew my guide collection was almost complete so it seemed like an easy place to start.  I am only missing three guides; Fall/Winter 1970-71, Spring 1978 and 1994.  Please let me know if you might have one of these. Sample's are posted on the website, but they are super low resolution.

Realize this is just a working draft, nothing fancy, although it wont get much more fancy anyway... I thought it would be fun to share all the guide covers, I've posed about a third of the guides in PDF form so far here on the blog.  I don't plan on scanning every guide anytime soon, so keep checking back at the blog for those types of posts.


Link to "The Guides" page on the website.



4 comments:

Bearride - Raymond said...

I have a 1994 guidebook.

Major Pepperidge said...

This is going to be an invaluable reference - - and just plain cool too! Wish I had those guides that you need, but for some reason it seems that I have only three or four of 'em, and they're all identical!

Anonymous said...

Awsome guide collection!I also wish I had a few of them. When I worked in the Park I would put several in my back pocket and hand them out when someone needed directions. At the end of my shift I would throw away what I had left; wish I knew then what I know now. As for your web site, keep it up! I'm right there with you when you say "it's going slow, but progress is being made".

Snydley said...

I too have a few guides if you'd like