Thursday, July 1, 2010

Japanese Village & Deer Park Tickets

Here’s a set of fairly rare tickets to Buena Parks very own Japanese Village and Deer Park. Although these are on wonderful Globe Safety Paper, they aren’t nearly as fun to look at as the complimentary ticket shown in my previous Japanese Village post (link).





Japanese Village must have been owned by the same people they ran Movieland Wax Museum, they even share the same discount cards (link). The 10% discount is only good on the same day, however these tickets have no date!






From the O.C. Historical blog (link) here’s Chris Jepsen’s cleaned up version of the color map for Japanese Village and Deer Park. Thanks Chris!






These come from a wonderful website called image-archeology.com, check them out, they’ve got lots of cool vintage theme park photos and more. For the record, "we are viewing these for our personal, non-commercial, educational use only."




7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Yay, Japanese Village and Deer Park! You and the Major have a whole Buena Park theme going today. Knott's and Japanese Village were my second and third favorite places to visit as a child (Disneyland being number one, of course.) Magic Mt. would probably have been on that list too, but I never made it up there until I was a teenager.

I do wish this park was still around today. :-(

Jim Moore said...

#6 on the map: Adult Gaming Area ...huh?

I was riding my bike in Downtown LA a couple of weeks ago and stopped by Little Tokyo to do some shopping around. It made my think of Japanese Village & Deer Park and how much I enjoyed visiting there -- nothing but great memories!

Thanks Tim!

Major Pepperidge said...

I loved this place! Some of my photos were used recently for a PBS program, "Things That Aren't Here Anymore, part three". Wish I had saved some personal souvenirs from when I went there...

Mark said...

Tim, what a great thing to find today! This place was my favorite So Cal park after DL. I went very often- and it caused me to make a trip to Japan as my first international journey. The park was a wonderful way to spend the day, very peaceful, beautiful and as much of an escape from the real world as Disney.
Thanks, Tim. Great work (as usual!)

edgeboy1 said...

Great post! Do you happen to have anything about the show/restaurant Kona Hawaii? We used to go there all the time!

Florida Park Tickets said...

It is always best to plan your trip in advance,same thing goes when booking a park ticket. When you book early, chances are, you get much lower price than the usual rate.

Orlando Tickets said...

I love those park maps. We sometimes get some new maps whent the parks update a section or build a new ride and I love looking at the artwork