Wednesday, November 24, 2010

7up's Un-Dollar at Magic Mountain - 1974

It's time for another Magic Mountain post. Located only two gallons north of Hollywood. Boy do I love that “Magic Mountain” type style; it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. This "Un-Dollar" coupon was for the 1974 summer season. 7up was a “Day One” sponsor for Magic Mountain; in fact the theater was called the “7up / Dixi Cola Showcase Theatre”. Dixi Cola?





Here’s your coupons, that’s right this “MagicUn-Dollar is really three coupons in one that are worth a total of $1.05! As I recall the shooting gallery was pretty good. One large 7up was only 30¢, why is it $3.50 now?


4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

If I am remembering correctly, 7-Up's ad campaign at this time labeled it as the "Un-Cola".

Connie Moreno said...

Tokyo, you remember correctly. I loved that ad campaign. Wow, 1974 seems so far, far away.... My friends and I went to Magic Mountain in '74...they were thrilled. Me? I was wishing I was at Disneyland.

Major Pepperidge said...

$1.05 adjusted for inflation would be almost 5 bucks today. That's a pretty good coupon!

JG said...

Happy Thanksgiving, VDT!

JG