Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Bonus Sunday. Today we've got something a little different, a Gifts Catalog from Knott's Berry Farm for the 1954-55 Season. There's some great artwork in here, especially on the first few and last few pages.





















Now I'm in the mood for something with Boysenberries in it, I think I'll use this handy order form.









Side note: Last week on Bonus Sunday I posted the Spring 1982 Edition of Vacationland Magazine. A keen blog reader noticed that page 23 was missing, wow, someone actually reads these things? The corrected version can be found here (link).

5 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

That was cool! Does anybody sell those dried fruit trays anymore. As a kid, I was the only weirdo in the family that actually liked them.

Daveland said...

Connie - sign me up for the dried fruit tray as well! Hell - I STILL like fruitcake, too!

Major Pepperidge said...

Everything is lovingly wrapped in colored cellophane, which somehow makes it feel old fashioned! What a great catalog.

TokyoMagic! said...

That was SWELL! I especially like the pencil sketches of the Covered Wagon Show diorama and Ghost Town.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this heartwarming catalog. I know some of us have memories of getting and giving Knott's jellies and preserves, especially at Christmas. I still have two of the 6-jar boxes with the empty jars inside.