Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Disneyland Stationery - Part 1

It’s time to finally post some sheets from my stack of Disneyland “Stationery”. I’ve collected these for a while now; I like to pretend they were typed on with fancy IBM Selectric typewriters and say wonderful things, my own version of Imagineering.

Up first from 1980 its Disneyland 25 with its chrome lettering to match the guide books (link) and other “25” materials.





This is probably my favorite Disneyland stationery, I’ve seen it from the early 70’s thru the early 80’s.





Almost the same as above but the street address font is a bit tighter and of course “The New Fantasyland” is proudly announced.





Let’s get some color into this post! Not technically stationery, I believe these were used for event flyers and Magic Kingdom Club announcements.


2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Neat! It makes me wonder what other designs might exist. The studio used to have custom stationary made whenever a new movie came out - even some not-very-good movies from the 60's and 70's.

Maybe there are examples with the "65" logo, I'd like that!

TokyoMagic! said...

I used to write to the Park when I was a kid (usually asking about future attraction info.) I received many replies on those first two pieces of stationary. I'll have to post some of those letters. A some point though, they did stop using the gold embossed letterhead and replaced it with just a flat printed version of the same design.