Friday, May 25, 2012

Pirates of the Caribbean - MPC Model

In my never ending effort to clean and organize my blogger lair, you're going to see some "odds n ends" posts in the next few day.  Today's we've got MPC Pirates of the Caribbean "Dead Man's Raft" Model, well, its just the box, I don't have that way cool "zap/action" model. but I want one!  I like how this doesn't appear to be an actual scene from the ride but its does fit in perfectly.





Some P.O.C. history on the side panel and detail on how the "zap/action!" works. Made and Litho in the U.S.A., sweet!



Check out all the other model kits, I want them all!  Wow, has anyone ever seen a "Jolly Roger Belt Badge"? Belt Badges are "in" don't you know?  An MPC product of "Fundalmentions" huh? A division of General Mills Fun Group.



The new concept of "zap/action!" - I wonder if Darrin over at McMahon and Tate came up with that slogan?


10 comments:

mydisneycollection said...

Has building models become a lost art? As a kid, I had shelves FULL of completed models. (That is, until I blew them up with firecrackers).

TokyoMagic! said...

I have the model, but not the box! I also had/have the Haunted Mansion model of the guy playing the organ in the ballroom. Of the two sets, these were the only models that vaguely resembled scenes from the actual attractions. Even as a kid, I want authenticity, darn it!

...But It Wasn't Always That Way! said...

These would have made much better additions to the attraction than a smoke waterfall!

Major Pepperidge said...

I had a "zap action" Pirates model when I was a kid; all I have left is a little skull.

Anonymous said...

These models are incredible. I am a collector and actually have all 7 of the Pirates of the Caribbean models and all 4 of the Haunted Mansion models. All of them are in original factory sealed condition. Thanks to Ebay, I was able to put together this collection over the last 5 years.

Anonymous said...

A zap action model is avaialble for a swop at http://modelersswapmeet.com/viewitem.php?id=1863

Anonymous said...

Note the Zap Action Model of 4/2/2014 message has been sold

Unknown said...

For some reason, I was thinking of the "Dead Mans Raft" model I built as a kid. It was a lot of fun having that first mate pop out of the cabin with the knife on the map! Was thinking of trying to find one on eBay and then work on it with my daughter. As another poster said, do kids build models any more? I had tons of them along with Estes model rockets. Great page - thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have all six built with boxes. I made a few repro boxes taken from my boxes. Anyone interested. I can make them at $25 each or all six for $125 shipped (Tiquesncollectibles@yahoo.com) (Paypal is the same)

Anonymous said...

Round 2 Models is re-releasing this kit under their "Jolly Rodger" series! It is renamed "Hex Marks the Spot". I can only assume they will eventually do the others as well.